Tuesday, July 13, 2010

36 Weeks - No progress

Hello, everyone!
I had another appointment today and haven't made any progress in the past couple of weeks. Still one centimeter, Baby Boy's heartbeat is strong, and he is still head down!
My parents come into town this week! So excited to have them here, but I am a little scared they will get bored twiddling their thumbs with me in anticipation. Plus, I hear I'm a bit emotional nowadays. I think I'm gonna owe them after this!
I'm so excited to meet our little guy. I am getting a bit nervous about the delivery and about being a mom, in general. Frankly, I just don't feel like all the research about taking care of an infant is really registering with me. I'm gonna just have to do it to learn it, I think. As for the labor part, I just keep putting my trust in God for a safe and healthy delivery for me and baby boy. I had an angel hanging on (what was then) the spare bedroom's door while we were trying to conceive our little one (and all throughout the pregnancy) and now it's in my hospital bag to hopefully keep blessing us on this miraculous journey. As always, prayers are very much appreciated!
OH, and I MUST brag about my amazing husband. Jimmy's really picking up my slack around the house, always asking what he can do to help, and just being that rock that I need right now while the hormones are crazy! I couldn't ask for a better husband, and I just can't wait for him to be not only my spouse, but the father of my child. I am already so in love with our family, and it's only going to get better.
Jimmy - Thanks for making me laugh so hard every day that I literally almost pee my maternity pants ("What is....") and for being so helpful, understanding, and positive!! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment