Wednesday, February 17, 2010

10 Weeks - "Growing Pains!"

Luckily, I have an amazing doctor who made the unfortunate mistake of giving me her business card, which is essentially, in my mind, permission to be able to call her with every little worry (and there were A LOT the first trimester). Being the wonderful professional that she is, she responded, as always, within minutes of an email I sent her complaining of some cramping. I wasn't TOO concerned and expected her to console me as normal, but she actually thought it would be best if I came in for a quick ultrasound that afternoon. I know, it sounds like I have a dream doctor ... she really does have a place in my heart for being so understanding and proactive to pregnant women's neuroses. Anyway, I called Jimmy and he was fortunately able to leave work early to go to Alexandria with me. We spent the car ride preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best. Of course, everything was great. The baby was even wiggling its little arms and legs at us. The doctor said the cramps were just "growing pains". What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment