Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fourteen Weeks - Pork's Knee!


I definitely experienced my first weird pregnancy craving as is evident in this email I sent my sister-in-law, Nicole, at 6:14 in the morning.

So I'm quite sure that I am having my first weird pregnancy craving. It all started last night when Jimmy and I watched Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. He was in Prague, and indulging multiple times in pork knees and knuckles. I knew there was going to be a problem when I couldn't stop making sex noises as he ate them, and then I asked Jimmy to go out to get me a pig's knee... he didn't. I wanted them so badly I could cry. So then we went to bed, no problem falling asleep. I woke up at 5:00 this morning, stomach growling, and visions of pork's knee dancing in my head. And they just never stopped dancing. So now I am up at 6:00 with a juicy bowl of ... Cheerios. I'm scared that I actually might die if I don't get my pig's knee. And why would I get it? No restaurants serve them that I know of in Southern Maryland, and I don't know if I can get them at the store... and if I could, would I cook it myself? I think I might just. But in the meantime, I'm already thinking of substitutes to trick my body into thinking I'm getting pig's knee- turkey legs, spare ribs, etc. And the thing is, I don't even know if I had pork's knee in Prague. I think I might have, but I don't remember. Anyway, I'm very sad and now that I finished my bowl of Cheerios, I can confirm that I am still very unsatisfied and still starving. Normally women just go out and satisfy their craving. What happens to those that can't?!Love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. As a footnote, I will say that I did eventually make the best spare ribs EVER, and it seemed to do the trick. I think I'm into the way the fat becomes kind of gelatin-y and delicious. Anyway, it looks like that can be my substitute pork knee! Yay!

    ReplyDelete