Wednesday, February 17, 2010

13 Weeks - Growth Spurt!

I'm very lazy. I'll let this email sum up 13 weeks.

Had another ultrasound yesterday, and the baby was GREAT. The baby had a growth spurt in the last few weeks, as it now measuring a week ahead of schedule. I'm still confused on the due date...our baby keeps growing faster and faster, but they haven't changed the due date from August 8 (even though it should technically be August 1?) I don't know how all that works...I guess the baby just shows up when it feel like it and this speculation of the due date won't make on bit of difference!

The baby was kicking, flipping, wiggling, sticking out its tongue, making facial expressions, just having a party in my uterus! We had to take an "intermission" because it "wasn't cooperating" for the doctor (which I loved). The doctor pretty much beat up my belly with her little wand to try to get the baby to assume the right position (it can already react to touch), and so I got to watch it just play around (aka. dodge the scary poking device) for about 40 minutes. Coolest 40 minutes of my life! I so wish Jimmy could have been there (as does he) but he had to work.

The purpose of this appt was to assess Down Syndrome risk which included an ultrasound and bloodwork. They will put all the results in a formula to calculate the chances of the baby having Downs. We should know the chances in about a week, and then based on the results, we can either opt for more conclusive (but invasive) testing (which we will most likely avoid).

We also go back March 5 to find out whether it's a boy or a girl! (it's so obviously a boy, though;) haha, I can't wait to be the first one to kick me in the ass if it's a girl! Either way, we will be so, so thrilled!

I'm feeling much better now than I did during the first trimester. Belly is getting rounder ... I should be in maternity/bigger pants in a couple of weeks. Mine have to be a hazard to the baby by now ;) I get frequent headaches, still take a couple naps a week (but I don't feel like I am going to keel over and die because of exhaustion anymore - yay!), my seventh grader acne is clearing up a little bit, and I can't eat as much as I used to (probably not the worst symptom in the world.) No weird cravings yet; I just can't get enough fruit (which has been the case for this whole pregnancy). I've gained six pounds so far - I don't know if this is good or bad - I'm not counting my calories or anything. My main goal is just to not double my body weight during this pregnancy for fear of having a fifteen pound child.

Thank you all for being so amazing. I hope everyone is doing great, and I miss and love you all!

Paige and Frodo/Little Jesus/Hannah/Hakkah (it's already being miserably tortured.)

2 comments:

  1. Paigey I am soooo proud of you! This looks great! I will check it often for updates and I'm saying 'boy' too. Just cause. Altho I'd love me a niece :) Keep up the good work, positive attitude and photos especially, I will devour it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, thanks so much. I never would have done this without you! And we shall find out soon if your prediction is correct! I love you tons.

    ReplyDelete