Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fifteen Weeks- Belly Update!


Email to the girls in the family:


I guess I get really excited to show off my belly because 1.) there is a baby in there... how cool is that? I'm totally in love with what's causing it to get bigger and 2.) I was always most self-conscious about my stomach area (as far as a lack of a four pack , let alone a six pack, goes) and have decided that I really don't want my old body back...I prefer this belly! I can finally be proud of its mass. I know, I know, that might change by month 9. Quick update: feeling the baby move! Coolest feeling ever! Like someone is lightly tapping/flicking the inside of uterus. Or a goldfish is swimming around in there. The flicks get me the most excited because they least resemble the normal gurgles of the food-filled belly. I can tell they are for sure the baby saying hello, or damn it, eat some pork falling off the bone, woman (my craving so far). Also, Down Syndrome tests came back normal - big relief! We have another appt this Friday to hear the heartbeat, and then we find out the sex March 5. Place your bets now. Right now I'm pretty much symptom-free... I hardly feel pregnant except for in bed when my belly weighs me down just a tad, rolling over takes a little bit more effort, and I'm not supposed to sleep on my back (this is hard for me, I'm a major back sleeper.) Jimmy got me a prenatal yoga DVD for Valentine's Day so I'm super excited about trying that in a few minutes. I did have to tease him that the past few holidays he has bought me work out stuff, and his reply was, "I'm just trying to help you!" If he weren't so freaking cute, I'd probably punch him in the face a couple times, but all I can do is just laugh. He always means well and they are the gifts that i get very excited about. :) I miss all of you so much and think about ya all the time. Hope everyone is doing great. Thanks for indulging me by reading my pregnancy emails ... I know how gripping they are. Love you!

2 comments: